Friday, November 12, 2010

The Love of God: Chapter 4, Encouragement

Ever have one of those days where you just want to die? Your exhausted with your fight against yourself, against the devil and against the world. Had one of those this week, :p God had been so good and gave me an incredible revelation that I hope to share with you soon! But Satan, with his usual (and annoying) swiftness, swooped in soon after and tried with all his might to steal my joy.

Here is part of an entry from my journal, "Well, a day of fight, joy. :p Yea, I'm really happy and so excited about his revelation, but there is still the fight against myself."

The devil had brought me pretty low, I'm sure you know how it feels. You feel sapped of joy. You know it should be there, but......it's not. At this point I picked up my Bible, sure that I was going to read some scripture about how I should be addressing my faults and stop being so, so, whatever. Now y'all don't get me wrong here, we are here on this earth to draw closer to God, and that means getting out junk out. But sometimes we misjudge God and think that all He is ever going to say it "You're wrong." That is what I was thinking at this point. To my UTTER surprise however, I turned to Psalms 27:6, which says, "And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy. I will sing, yea I will sing praised unto the Lord."

Needless to say, I was shocked, my jaw dropped and tears sprang to my eyes. God did care. He realized that I was trying hard to become like Him and He valued that. He loved me and understood my pain and frustration. Here is another verse He gave me that night that I would love to share with you, especially if you are feeling this way right now. It's Lamentations 3:22, I encourage you to look it up in your own Bible and read it with me. Let the power of God's love for you and the message of deep concern for you embedded in this verse seep into your every fiber. Let it flow through you. Believe it. "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail." Wow, if Satan ever tells you that God doesn't care, throw this verse back in his face.

Y'all, you are powerful, and wonderful because of Jesus Christ, it's not a joke, it's the TRUTH. But it's only real, if you believe it. God can say it to you every day of your life, but if you don't believe it in your heart, it means nothing. It's just empty words on a page. But if you do believe it, if you do accept it, the love of Christ can be the most powerful weapon you could ever wield against the enemy. His hosts tremble at the very sight of it, and Satan himself will one day be eliminated by it. The love of Christ ladies and gentlemen, can change you lives forever. God loves you, really truly, loves you.

I'de thought I'de show the rest of the journal entry to let you know how my night ended. "God is there though, and He will 'lift my head above my enemies. Then I will offer up sacrifices of joy! I will sing; yea I will sing praises unto the Lord!' I pray God gives my strength to go through this winter. I know You (God) have a purpose for me here in winter."

You too my friend have a purpose here in the winter your going through. God is good! Believe it people! Don't ever doubt that He loves you and always has your best interest in mind. I hope you've been encouraged. :)

God loves you!!!!!! Always praying for you all, :)
Tess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment