Monday, November 1, 2010

The Love of God: Chapter 2

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth."
"What truth?"
"There is no spoon."
"There is no spoon?"
"Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."
- The Matrix


I recently had the distinct pleasure of watching the incredible movie The Matrix. Now, I am able to understand and love science, so this movie blew me away. However, God brought along with it a really interesting idea.

Before I watched the movie, my dad asked me the famous question, "will you take the red pill or the blue pill?" Sometimes we put so much trust and energy into this world, our "Matrix". We put on masks, we play parts, we make people happy (teachers, parents, friends, siblings) and at some point (only you know when ;)) you go to sleep only to wake up the next day to do it again. It's hard to break this pattern, but taking the red pill is exactly what God calls us to do. His word says that we are not of this world, we were created to serve Him in His kingdom.

Sometimes God has to tear us out of our own little world in order to see what is really important.

My friends are probably the most important thing in my life besides my faith. Sadly though, I still struggle with putting God first. At one point in my life I had a friendship that consumed my entire life. This girl was everything I wanted to be, pretty, admired, talented, and confident. I swiftly let go of God and set this friend on top of the throne of my heart. Eventually God broke up our friendship and my 12 year old heart was devastated. I was just feeling cool, feeling worth loving and now it had all collapsed. Yet through all the pain, God led me to the place where He was all that matters, and all I wanted was Him.

Maybe your going through a time like this, you feel like quitting and don't understand what God is doing. Keep holding on. God will come. He loves you and He is strongest when we are weakest. "Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might," Eph 6:10. Even if you don't understand, keep seeking God. This rough patch might just be God's way of saying I love you.

Always praying,
Tess :)

P.s.
Here is a song I wrote once that I felt I should share, hope you find God in it,

I told You that rain was all I could see
You told me that You were right in front of me
I told You I was crying myself to sleep
You said to let go and accept Your peace

You taught me to cling to You
and I learned to love this truth

That even when the mountains are falling down on me, you're still good,
Even when the dark is creeping into my soul, you're still there,
And even when I don't understand why you do the things you do, you're still God and I'm still here………..
in Your arms.

You say to start here and trust that you know best
I say that this is crazy and I'm just one big mess
You say to jump and believe Your word
You're breaking my heart but somehow I'll learn

That even when the mountains are falling down on me, You're still good,
Even when the dark is creeping into my soul, You're still there,
And even when I don't understand why You do the things You do, You're still God
and I'm still here……..
in Your arms

In Your arms the rain is outside my window
In Your arms I can see rainbows in the distance
And even though I don't understand why You do the things You do
You're still God and I'm still here

And even when the mountains are falling down on me, You're still good,
Even when the dark is creeping into my soul, you're still there,
And even when I don't understand why You do the things You do, You're still God
and I'm still here……..

and I'm still here………

In Your arms

No comments:

Post a Comment